Finding meaning, purpose, and fulfillment in both life and work is essential for a person to lead a satisfying life. This can lead to significant improvements in your mental and physical health, relationships, and social impact.
“What makes people despair is that they try to find a universal meaning to the whole of life, and then end up by saying it is absurd, illogical, and empty of meaning. There is not one big, cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person. To seek a total unity is wrong. To give as much meaning to one’s life as possible seems right to me. For example, I am not committed to any of the political movements which I find full of fanaticism and injustice, but in the face of each human being, I act democratically and humanly. “ – Anaïs Nin
Here are 5 reasons why finding your purpose can have a great impact on your overall wellbeing and quality of life.
- Sense of fulfillment: When a person understands their purpose in life and work, they become more passionate about what they do, and the sense that they are fulfilling their purpose can be a source of deep satisfaction and fulfillment.
- Increased motivation: Having a sense of purpose can provide the motivation required to overcome obstacles and achieve goals. It gives us direction and helps us to focus on what’s important.
- Improved productivity: When a person feels a sense of purpose, it motivates them to perform at their best, leading to improved productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of work.
- Better physical and mental health: Research has shown that people who have a sense of purpose in their work and life have better physical and mental health, as they exhibit lower levels of stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Strengthened relationships and increased social impact: When an individual finds their sense of purpose, they become more engaged with their community and the world around them, leading to an increased motivation to make a positive impact, contribute to their communities, and strengthen relationships.
Ready to take the next step and start writing the next chapter of your life?
The Oxford Leadership Self-Managing Leadership® (SML®) programme is a powerful framework and proven methodology based on psychology and human behaviour that will help you navigate with greater clarity and confidence, perform better professionally and live with better work/life balance. Over a million people have had their lives transformed
Take control and get perspective on your life, clarity on your way forward, and get the tools you need to take you to the future that you envision.
Sign up to our Self-Managing Leadership® Online Program
if you would like to implement this on a larger scale for your organisation:
Stay up-to-date with our latest news:Subscribe